- They are more than what they are known for. Japan is definitely more than just anime and manga. Korea is definitely more than just K-POP or telenovelas, although those things are huge deals in their country.
- Don’t assume that just because they’re Asian they can’t speak English. Especially Filipinos. May I tell you that there are Filipinos who speak better English than their native tongue? (Guilty). Be polite in asking things you don’t know. That should be a general rule in everything.
- So you think the Hijab is oppressing Muslim women of their rights? What about the right to exercise their right to religion? It’s not oppressing at all. In fact, they are strong as hell to even practice something so counter-cultural these days.
- PLEASE DON’T TELL AN EAST ASIAN PERSON TO OPEN THEIR EYES. STOP THAT.
- I’m not good in math. You think East Asians are good in math because it’s in their genes? Hell, no. It’s a possibility that the math curriculum in your country is a lot easier than it is in Asian countries. Have you seen Singaporean math?
It should be a common courtesy to treat any foreigner with a certain respect. You shouldn’t downgrade them or generalize them at all. I’m sure not all Swiss people love cheese to death or Russians drink vodka with their coffee. If their mannerisms are beyond your comprehension, then don't make fun of them for it. Appreciate them for it. You could learn a thing or two about their country and call yourself "cultured".
Although, one stereotype does apply to Asians, and I mean Asians in general. Yes, our parents are strict. Very strict.