- They do not have laws banning non-heterosexual acts completely, however they still have laws that restrict them. One of them is to "protect the younger generation from the effects of homosexual propaganda". This being said, gay couples cannot come out as gay to children. It had come to a point where some couples were threatened to be removed of their adopted kids.
- Gay parades are banned in Russia. For 100 years. That's right, not 10, not even half of a century but a full blown century of not being to express your demand to be treated like a human being. Of course, there is the point that this would protect the LGBT community from the outrage they would bring on the streets, but you have to start somewhere right?
- Homophobic extremists have killed many gay men due to their beliefs. Many gruesome stories are on the news and internet such as burning, gassing, rape, and et cetera.
- Google has placed its doodle for the Sochi Olympics with all the colors of the rainbow, an ongoing symbol for gay pride. Below, the quote reads of how the Olympics should be played without any discrimination.
- 200 bars in New York have a movement wherein they boycott Russia's vodka supply. They have taken to the streets and poured the vodka out of the bottles. (Okay, slightly a waste of vodka) This is in response to Russia's law on banning non-heterosexual "propaganda".
- Anna Cayco
sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9